Education can change the world.
- Personalized education is a great challenge since in many schools there are more than 30 students for one teacher.
- 6 out of 10 students are not reaching the minimum levels of proficiency in reading and mathematics
Solution: Immediate personalized teaching
- The Spanish startup Smartick has created an effective online learning method, using AI and Bigdata that detects the pace of learning and progress of students.
- The algorithm created learns constantly with each student and with the data collected in the session of each one of them.
- The Georgia-U.S. Institute of Technology plans a new educational model.
- In their project, the students had as a tutor a robot that answered their questions with 97% effectiveness.
- It was demonstrated that thanks to AI people could learn in a much more personalized way.
The saddest thing about being human is to feel empty having everything.
- Depression is the main risk factor for suicide in the world and according to the WHO, there are currently about 300 million who suffer from it.
- In the United States, the suicide rate due to depression has increased by 25% since 1999, making it one of the 10 leading causes of death.
Solution: Attend immediately to any indicator
- Facebook engineers have developed an algorithm capable of finding warning signs in the publications of users who may be thinking of committing suicide.
- Thanks to AI, the company will be able to contact people who may be in danger of suicide to propose different ways to seek help.
That problems behind the wheel are not a constant.
- About 1.3 million people lose their lives on the world's roads and between 20 and 50 million people in accidents suffer non-fatal injuries.
- Road traffic crashes are one of the leading causes of death in older adults, and the leading cause of death among 15-29 year olds.
- The prototype is called 'Google Car'. It would only have a power button and a screen that would show the route it will follow from start to finish.
- Its maximum speed would be 40 km/h and the sensors with which it is equipped will determine both the position of the vehicle and the proximity of other cars and people.
- The car will be able to move safely and autonomously for about 160 km.
Tomar conciencia nos dará vida
- La ONG Global Footprint Network anunció que hasta el 1 de agosto de 2018 ya habremos consumido todos los recursos naturales dispuestos de ese año.
- Gran parte del cultivo moderno va a parar el ganado, y cada vez más a biocombustibles.
¿Qué países ya no contaban con recursos naturales en el 2018?
Catar, Luxemburgo, Emiratos Árabes Unidos, Mongolia, Baréin, Estados Unidos, Canadá, Kuwait, Dinamarca y Estonia.
- Lenovo y la Universidad de Carolina del Norte (NCSU) analiza imágenes de satélites geoestacionarios mediante IA.
- Gracias a la inteligencia artificial somos capaces de predecir cuánta agua hemos de usar en base a las precipitaciones futuras.
Let our food be our medicine.
- Today about 821 million people are chronically hungry and malnutrition affects 1 in 3 people on the planet.
- Agriculture is the dominant source of ammonia. Livestock account for approx. 40% of global emissions, mineral fertilizers 16% and crop residues 18% approx.
Solution: A healthy and tasty diet
- In Chile, the startup Not Company manufactures products of vegetable origin that replicate the flavors of foods of animal origin.
- The AI is able to generate known food formulas based only on vegetables and thus be able to produce the same product, with the same flavor.
- 'Not Mayo' is the first product launched in Chile, a 100% vegetable dressing with the same texture, flavor and color as the original mayonnaise.
A problem that claimed innocent lives.
- In 2016 there were 25,673 deaths from terrorist attacks worldwide, 21% fewer than the 32,685 deaths in 2014 (when the maximum number was reached).
- Between May 2017 and May 2018, 562 deaths from terrorism were recorded.
Solution: Identifying suspicious movements
- The Israeli startup Faception is dedicated to the development of IA in the fight against terrorism with a $750,000 contract to detect terrorists.
- It is effective thanks to a real-time algorithm, analyzing images uploaded to social networks and streaming videos.
- While the American company Palantir, is dedicated to investigate all the online media they are able to access, looking for suspicious activities.
- This company allows to establish links between telephone numbers, credit card movements, photos in Instagram and Twitter hashtags and more aspects.
A harsh reality facing the health area.
- Doctors usually had to verify hundreds of data they had collected regarding the health status of their patients.
- According to The Software Alliance (BSA), a good use of the data would not only save lives, but also generate savings of $300 billion per year.
Solution: Immediate and accurate diagnosis
- In China and thanks to the IA this task is solved in seconds. It has an automatic learning tool capable of making diagnoses with 95% efficiency.
- The algorithm makes a correct diagnosis, assesses the severity of the case and recommends the most appropriate treatment for the patient.
- Scientists at the Tokyo-Japan Institute of Medical Sciences have used an algorithm that is capable of analyzing massive medical data, using 'Watson' technology (IBM).
- Thanks to this, the life of a patient suffering from a rare type of leukaemia who had not received a good diagnosis with conventional methods could be saved.
- Meanwhile, in the USA, thanks to cognitive technology, IBM's 'Watson' robot is now part of the medical staff.
- This was used to identify new genes associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis after comparing thousands of data with the collaboration of the Barrow Neurological Institute.
Problem of a current concern.
- The misuse of electrical energy is one of the most important causes of global warming.
- Many companies operate large data centers which have a high level of electricity consumption.
- According to the World Economic Forum (WEF), usually small countries, and with a low population are countries that are in the top places.
Switzerland has better energy architecture. However, China has high CO2 emissions due to the intense energy consumption produced by its industry.
Solution: Intelligent and ecological action
- Google uses AI to effectively predict when its data centers overheat to activate cooling systems.
- Thanks to this tool, Google has been able to generate savings of up to 40% in energy costs.
- Microsoft plans to invest 50 million dollars in the next 5 years, with the goal of implementing IA in the framework of the 'All For Earth' program.